Just six days left until April. Which means my birthday, National Poetry Month, AIPF, Poetry at Round Top, and of course, Big Poetry Giveaway! This is the seventh Big Poetry Giveaway, and I’m thrilled to be taking over hosting duties.
If you’re new to BPG, you may be wondering how to participate. It’s pretty simple:
Anyone with a blog can give away two books of poetry.
You can enter any or all of the giveaways.
Big Poetry Giveaway has officially started, and will run through April 30th, 2016. If you want to participate, you must do the following by Tuesday, April 5th:
- Create a blog post that includes the header image at the top of this page (so we know who’s participating that announces the books you are giving away. You may want to talk a little about yourself as well.
- Be sure that comments are enabled on your post, or people won’t be able to enter!
- In your BPG post, please include a link to this entry, so that newcomers can easily find the guidelines and do a giveaway of their own.
- Once your post is live, leave a comment here with: 1) The title of your blog; 2) Your name; 3) The direct link to your post.
I will update the running list of participants every few days, and will close to new entries at 11:59 p.m. Central time on Tuesday, April 5th.
During the week of May 1st, select two participants as winners. I recommend using this handy random number generator.
Please note that by participating in Big Poetry Giveaway, you are agreeing to send two books anywhere in the world. You pay for postage. The winner does not.
1. Can I give away my own poetry? Yes! But please make sure that the other book was written by someone else. We’re sharing authors we love.
2. What if I don’t have a book of my own? No worries! Just give out two collections you love by other people.
3. I don’t have a lot of spare cash. Are used books acceptable? Gently used books in good condition are fine.
4. How will I know who’s participating? I will keep a running list of participating blogs/sites here.
5. Can I give away more than two books? Absolutely!
6. Can I enter the drawings if I’m not giving any books away? Yes! Drawings are open to anyone.
7. How do I participate if I don’t have a blog? You can still enter other people’s entries, but you can’t do a giveaway.
8. Do chapbooks count as books? Yes!
9. What if I don’t want to pay for postage? Remember that during this giveaway, you must be willing to send a book anywhere in the world. If you’re unwilling to cover the cost of postage, please do not participate.
10. How do I enter the drawings? Each blogger will have their own requirements for how to enter. Follow the rules on each post.
I’m honored to be continuing the Big Poetry Giveaway tradition. Have fun!
7 thoughts on “Big Poetry Giveaway 2016: Guidelines”
Reblogged this on this quiet hour and commented:
Every April, there is the Big Poetry Giveaway. Basically, a bunch of poets and poetry lovers giveaway poetry books and chapbooks on their blogs. I enter every year and usually win one or two books because not very many people enter these kinds of things. some years i do a giveaway but i haven’t decided if i will or not (leaning toward not). Anyway, keep checking back at this blog though, they’ll post a full list of giveaway participants later on this month!
I want in! Is it too late?
I’m giving away books, Allyson! Thanks for hosting.
Off the Page
I’ve just stumbled across this way too late! Will you give me a reminder next year please? 🙂