The Big Poetry Giveaway is happening again this year, and this year it’s being hosted by the amazing Susan Rich. Last year was the first one in which I participated, and I had a great time connecting with writers and readers. I can’t wait to see who comes along this year!
There are two books I’m offering this year. The first one just so happens to be We’re Smaller Than We Think We Are, which will be published next month by Finishing Line Press. Last April I was so bummed that I didn’t yet have a publication of my own to give away. This year I’m ecstatic that I’ll be sending somebody my book.
If you’re one of those wonderful people who has already pre-ordered my chapbook, I’m also offering Dale Smith’s American Rambler. Dale Smith, currently based in Toronto, is a former Austin poet, and this book makes me regret that I didn’t discover his work until after he’d left.
To enter my drawing, please leave a name and contact info on the comment section of this post. Please also specify whether you have a preference for one book or another. On May 1st, I’ll use a random number generator to pick a winner.
Because there might be some new visitors to this blog, and because posting introductions can be fun, here are a few tidbits about me:
- My all-time favorite band in the history of all music ever is the Mountain Goats.
- I wear Birkenstocks or cowboy boots almost exclusively.
- When I was 16, my dream car was a convertible Volkswagen Beetle in either green or orange. When I was 27, I bought said car in green.
- I eat an avocado at least 6 days a week.
- Jon and I regular customers at the Torchy’s Tacos on Spicewood. The managers know who we are.
- Hyperbole is my favorite literary device, but I never exaggerate about my avocado or taco consumption.
That’s all I have for now! I look forward to seeing who jumps in and following the other poets who are already involved.
If you want to participate in the Big Poetry Giveaway, you can sign up here.