Despite all of the holiday-related fun I had in December, this was a pretty good month for my my writing. Here is what I managed to accomplish:
- Wrote 32 poems
- Submitted 14 poems
- Submitted my chapbook manuscript to two competitions
- Found a new system for keeping track of my submissions (I ended up going with Writer’s Database).
- Drafted one of my prose ideas I had bouncing around. Except it turned into an epic poem. Whoops! I’d never written an epic poem before, so I’m pretty proud of this. I’d hoped to have a draft ready to show by the new year, but revising to make sure the meter works has been a real challenge, so I’m still plowing away.
All in all, December was a great month! I produced fewer poems than I’d been writing in the past few months, but the epic took up a lot of my time.
I’ve set some pretty big goals for my writing in 2012. Here are some specifics for January that will help me accomplish that:
- Continue with my regular poetry writing and submitting practice
- Complete the River of Stones project in January (small stones do not count toward my poem-a-day goal)
- Complete Kelli Russell Agodon’s New Year’s Poetry Resolution Party
- Complete a draft of one prose piece
- Complete a draft of the epic poem that I can show beta readers for feedback
One thought on “December Accomplishments”
Stopping by to say that I loved your most recent stone over at WOWH. It was beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us. All the best, Mary